Iraqi youths use of the Internet and the gratifications obtained from it
Al-Anbar University Journal For Humanities,
2020, Volume 2020, Issue 2, Pages 31-60
The use of the Internet and the saturation of Iraqi youth
Iraqi youth use of the internet and the saturation of it ,The Internet has recently become a very important medium of communication that cannot be abandoned for many individuals. It has spread widely among different audiences for various reasons, the most important of which are its features that differ from other means enabling it to provide many services. For its users, whether as a means of communication or as a source of information in various political, scientific, economic, health, social, and other areas of interest to individuals.
Faced with the increasing penetration of the Internet in the Arab world in general and in Iraq in particular, heightened fear of the impact of this network on the formation of young people. They matched the fear of all-new since the printing press entered the live TV. It has been reinforced under the prevalence of the normative vision of the means of communication and their uses, which stands in describing the phenomenon, and the classification of its consequences according to the following bilateral: positive and negative In this light, youth use of the Internet raises a number of problems related to the nature of the use of the network on young people in Iraq, The research sample consisted of 103 respondents distributed
First: Arabic References :
1. Al-Danani, A.R. The Media Function of the Internet, 1st Edition (Sana'a: Abadi Center for Studies and Publishing, 2000), pp. 54-55.
2. Al-Attabi, Jabr, Methods of Social Research, (Mosul, Dar Al-Kutub for Printing and Publishing, 1991).
3. Sari, H. KH. Internet Culture, A Study in Social Communication, (Amman, Dar Majdalawi for Publishing and Distribution, 2005).
4. Sadiq, Abbas, Internet Journalism and Scientific Research, 1st Edition (Abu Dhabi, Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research, 2007).
5. Abdullah, Jalila. The News Function of Electronic Portals, (University Book House, Al Ain, UAE, 2014).
6. Abdel Hamid, Mohamed. Scientific Research in Media Studies, (Cairo: World of Books, 2000).
7. Abdullah, Rasha. The Internet in Egypt and the Arab World, 1st Edition, (Cairo: Afaq for Publishing and Distribution, 2005).
8. Kandilji, Amer, Scientific Research and the Use of Information Sources, (Baghdad: House of General Cultural Affairs, 1993).
9. Mahjoub, Wajih. Fundamentals and Methods of Scientific Research, (Amman, Dar Al-Manhaj for Publishing and Distribution, 2001).
10. Al-Hamami, Al-Sadiq. New Media and the Public Sphere, Revival and Emission, Journal of the Arab Broadcasting Union, Issue 3, 2011.
11. Dridi, Amal, New Media in the Age of Digital Technology, Research submitted to the Jabal Scientific Research Center, Tunisia, 8-6-2016.
12. Habib, Mohamed, The relationship of exposure to the print press and the Internet to the level of political knowledge of Egyptian youth - an analytical and field study. Unpublished Master Thesis, Faculty of Mass Communication, Cairo University, 2007.
13. Khaldoun, Tabaza, Osama Mahmoud Al-Sharif, The Arab Digital World and the Digital Medium, The Challenges of Electronic Media and the Internet, A Study Presented at the Arab Culture and Prospects for Electronic Publishing, Al-Arabi Magazine, No. 591, Kuwait, 21-22 April 2001. Habib, Mohamed, The relationship of exposure to the print press and the Internet to the level of political knowledge of Egyptian youth - an analytical and field study. Unpublished Master Thesis, Faculty of Mass Communication, Cairo University, 2007.
14. Abdel-Gawad, Saeed, Internet exposure and its relationship to the psychological and social effects of youth in the countryside, Research of the International Conference New Media: New Technology... New Science, University of Bahrain, April 7-9, 2009.
15. Abdel Salam, Nagwaز Patterns and motives of Egyptian youth's use of the Internet. Fourth Scientific Conference of the Faculty of Mass Communication, Media and Youth Issues, Faculty of Mass Communication, Cairo University. May 1998.
16. Abdel Hadi, Mamdouh. Hanafi, Hanan. The use of social networking sites and its relationship to political participation in the Egyptian presidential elections 2014, a field study on a sample of Egyptian university youth, research submitted to Kafr El-Sheikh University, Faculty of Specific Education, 2014.
17. Taya, S. A. The Internet in the Arab World, A Field Study on a Sample of Arab Youth, Egyptian Journal of Public Opinion Research, No. 4, 2000, p. 36.
18. Layadi, Nasreddine, University Youth and Internet Use, Text of the intervention presented at the International Conference: "Youth, Communication, and the Media", Institute of Press and News Sciences, University of Tunis, Republic of Tunisia, 14-15-16 April 2010 and published in the Arab Journal of Media Sciences, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, issue 8 April 2012
1- An interview with one of the blogs, conducted by the researcher with her on 3/11/, at the College of Education for Girls, University of Baghdad.
2- An interview conducted by the researcher with one of the students at the University of Baghdad, on 8-11-2018.
3- An interview conducted by the researcher with the students of Anbar University on 18/11/2018.
4- An interview conducted by the researcher with young people at the University of Basra 2/12 and the University of Sulaymaniyah on 10-12-2018
Second: Foreign References:
1- Livingstone S. "Du rapport entre audiences et publics", Revue Reseaux, France, on 126 vol. XXII, 2004.
1- Statistics of Internet users in the Arab countries for the year 2017, available online, https://weedoo.tech/ Statistics-Internet-users-in-countries-. Retrieved 10-4-2018.
2- Sadek Hamami, We and Facebook, Manouba University Publications 2012 and the Tunisian Media New Horizon, Parspective Publishing House 2012 Location: sadokhammami.com/ar.
3- From 2004 to 2018, how much did the number of Facebook users increase day by day?, a report published on February 5, 2019 in the electronic edition of the Egyptian newspaper Al-Youm Al-Sabea, retrieved on February 5, 2019, at the site: http:/www.lexpansion.com/economie/actualite-high-tech/facebook-6-ans-et-400-millions-d-utilistateurs_226384.html .
2- Robert E. Kahn (1999), “Evolution of the Internet” In: Evolution of information and communication technologies, UNESCO. , [online] available:<http://www.unesco.org/webworld/wcir/en/pdf_report/chap11.pdf> Accessed: 11 Oct.2018.
3- William Deresiewicz: Fauz Friendship, reltivied , March 8, 2010 from<http://chronicle.com/article/Faux-friendship/49308/retrivied,14 Oct, 2018.
- Article View: 44
- PDF Download: 13