Economic and cultural relations between the United States of America and Iraq 1968-1972
Al-Anbar University Journal For Humanities,
2022, Volume 2022, Issue 4, Pages 3237-3255
AbstractIraq announced its new foreign policy after the Baath Party assumed power in Iraq in 1968, when it called for the establishment of economic and cultural relations with the countries of the world based on mutual respect with all countries, especially with the United States of America, whose relations were severed with it because of the Arab-Israeli war in 1967 due to bias The United States of America to the Zionist entity. However, this did not stop the economic and cultural exchange between the two countries, especially with the presence of a very strong competitor to the United States of America, which is the Soviet Union. This is what made it work to restore and improve its relations with Iraq. This research is a summary of the US-Iraqi economic and cultural relations for the year 1968-1972..
Ahmed Rashid jeraydi, cultural life in Baghdad 1958 - 1968, unpublished doctoral thesis, Anbar University, Faculty of Arts, 2011, p.77.
* International Economic Report, Department of Statistics and research, Central Bank of Iraq, March 1967
* Republic of Iraq, Ministry of Planning Central Bureau of Statistics Quarterly Bulletin of Statistics, second chapter April - May - June, 1968
F.R.U.S. Vol. XX1 Memorandum from John w. Foster of the National Security Council Staff to the Presidents Special Assistant: (Rostow), Subject: the Iraq coup, Washington, July, 7, 1968.
* Repua Karim Mahmoud, Iraqi-American relations since 1989 and their future prospects. Kurdistan Center for Strategic Studies, Sulaymaniyah, 2007,
* Sobhi Abdul Hamid, memoirs, Iraq in the Sixties, 1965-1968, Dar Al-mawred for printing and publishing, Damascus, 2009. S,
* Sabah K. J., industrial planning in Iraq, its methods, applications and equipment, for the period 1912 - 1981, Baghdad, 2000,
* Andrew Carvey, Arab-American relations and Zionist pressure, translated by Asad Halim, cultural press, 1970,
* Mahmoud Salem Al-Samarrai, the independence of Iraqi foreign policy, the Iraqi republic publications of the Ministry of culture and Information Studies series 237, 1985,
* Republic of Iraq, Ministry of Planning, Central Statistical Agency, Department of statistics of general trade trade of Iraq with the "United States of America", for the year 1969,
* Republic of Iraq, Ministry of Planning, Central Bureau of statistics of Iraq's foreign trade with the "United States of America", for the year 1969,
* Republic of Iraq, Ministry of Planning, Central Agency for Statistical Research, Department of statistics of Iraqi Foreign Trade and transit trade, Government Press Baghdad 1969,
* Sabri Faleh Al-Hamdi, studies in American history and international relations, 2002,
* The Republic of Iraq, the Ministry of planning, the division of the care of the interests of the Republic of Iraq in Washington, the economic report of US international relations, US-Iraqi economic relations,
* Hassan Ali Sabti al-Fatlawi, American policy towards Iraq between the diplomacy of democracy and the big stick, University of Baghdad, Faculty of Arts, 2009,
* Al-Qadisiyah governorate, excavation reports of the American mission, 264, 206, No. 9, Document No. 298, E. T., 23/12/1972
Omar Yasser Issa Al-Dulaimi, the policy of the "United States of America" towards Iraq 1968 - 1975, master's thesis, Anbar University, Faculty of Arts, 2012
Fadel al-Barrak, Jewish and Iranian schools in Iraq a comparative study, Dar Al-Rashid press-Baghdad, 1948, P.13.
Salama Hussein Kazim, evangelization in Iraq, its means and objectives, master's Thesis, University of Baghdad, Faculty of Arts, 1985, p.192.
Nasir Muhammad Shukr Al-Jubouri, Iraqi foreign policy in the light of the decisions of the Council of ministers 1958-1963, master's thesis, Faculty of Education Ibn Rushd, University of Baghdad, 2004, p.127.
- Article View: 12
- PDF Download: 4