Geopolitical location of Iraq and its impact on its foreign policy
Al-Anbar University Journal For Humanities,
2022, Volume 2022, Issue 4, Pages 3783-3824
AbstractThe study presents a geopolitical analysis of Iraq's location and its impact on its foreign policy. This required a definition of the concept of foreign policy according to a geopolitical perspective. To prove validity of hypotheses, study focused on analyzing material foundations on which Iraq's foreign policy is based: economic and demographic focus. In addition to researching political history of Iraq’s foreign relations, and determining trends of Iraqi foreign policy after 2003 by presenting applied models of Iraq’s foreign political behavior towards geopolitical conflicts in surrounding geographical area. Iraq’s new trends in international and regional environment, which have long suffered and are still suffering from harbingers affecting its security and stability, based on theory of negative rebound effect. The policy of seizing control and seeking initiative and mediation in a region that was and still is rife with crises, one after other.
1) translated by Evans and Jeffrey Newenham, Penguin Dictionary of international relations, translated and published: Gulf Research Center, United Arab Emirates, i1, 2004.
2) Mazen Ismail Ramadan, foreign policy: theoretical study, Ministry of higher education and scientific research, faculty of Political Science, University of Baghdad,i1, 1991.
3) Mohamed El-Sayed Selim, foreign policy analysis, Egyptian Renaissance library, Vol. 1, 1989,.
4) Hoda Shaker Maarouf Al-Nuaimi, Israeli foreign policy trends: a future study, PhD thesis, University of Baghdad, Faculty of political science, 1999,.
5) Sayar Gemayel, the geographical location of Iraq and its strategic importance in the group of researchers, Iraq studies in politics and economics, Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and research, Abu Dabi, i1, 2006.
6) the unified Arab Economic Report for the year 2017 , the general secretariat of the league of Arab states
7) World energy outlook (2020) international energy agency secure sutinable together ( Arabic translation. www.iea.orgp8
8) OPEC: Organazation the petroleum exporting countries . Annual statistical Bulletin.2020.p22.
9) Abdulwahab Al-Kassab, the invasion and the neo-conservative proposals for the fragmentation of Iraq, in a group of researchers authors : ten years that shook the world a decade after the occupation of Iraq (2003-2013), Arab Center for research and Policy Studies, Beirut, I/2015, pp. 60-61.
10) Iraqi Strategic Report 2008, Hammurabi Center for research and Strategic Studies, Baghdad, 2008.
11) Mohammed Wael al-Qaisi , Iraq's place in the US strategy towards the Gulf, Arab house for science publishers, Beirut, i / 1, 2013.
12) Kawthar Abbas al-Rubaie, Iraq's foreign policy between opportunities and constraints, Journal of State Studies, Faculty of Political Science, University of Baghdad, P44, P4. Also see: Mohammed Gan Al-Shabout, stages of the development of Iraqi foreign policy, in a group of researchers, Iraqi foreign policy after 2014, Arab Democratic Center, Berlin, Vol.1, 2018.
13) James N.Rosenau,the scientific study of roreingn policy , ( newyourk Nichols publishing company .1980) .P.109.
14) Martin griffisch and Terry O'callaghan, basic concepts in international relations, translated and published: Gulf Research Center, Dubai, i1, 2002.
15) Frank Bailey, Blackwell Dictionary of political science, translated and published: Gulf Research Center, United Arab Emirates , i1, 2004.
16) Ali Murad al-Abadi, Iraq between balance and the policy of the interlocutor , International Information Network (Internet) on the Website http//:www.annabaa.org.
17) Doreen Binyamin Hormuz, Haider Fawzi Sadek, Iraqi foreign policy, a vision in obstacles and enablers, Mustansiriya Journal of Arab and International Studies.
18) Walid Abdel hay, transforming the postulates in the theory of international relations, a future study, El Shorouk foundation for media and publishing, Algeria, i1, 1994.
19) draft of the Republic of Iraq, August 2005,.
20) Wissam Shaker Al-Sarai, the Iraqi role in a troubled region: internal challenges and external intersections, Journal of Strategic Research, Baladi Center for Strategic Studies and research, Baghdad, P.14, 2017,.
21) Mohammed Abbas Naji, Iraq and the challenges of the Syrian crisis, website www.aljazeera.net.
22) Mustafa Ibrahim Salman Al-Shammari and mazyan mamas, moderation in the Iraqi foreign political discourse towards regional crises after 2011, the first international conference of the University of Anbar, 2019,.
23) for the text of the Iraqi initiative, see : Al-Mada newspaper, P .2579, the Syrian opposition rejects Maliki's initiative.
24) aktam Seifeddine, changing the Iraqi attitude towards Syria: moving away from the Iranian axis, website: www.alaraby.co.uk
25) Human Right watch global report 2019, website: www.hnw.org.
26) the government of Yemen demands Baghdad to clarify its position on the Houthis, website: www.aljazeera.net.
27) Abdul Jalil Zaid al Marhoon, Gulf security: Iraq, Iran and the American variant, Strategic Studies series, Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and research, P.147, 2009,.
28) Ashraf Abdulaziz Abdulkader, the USA and the nuclear proliferation crises: the Iranian situation 2001-2009, Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and research, i1, 2010,.
29) Lawrence Corp., the Arabian Gulf and the US national security strategy, Emirates Lecture Series, P.101, 2006,.
30) Ahmed Ibrahim Mahmoud, the Iranian nuclear crisis, analysis of conflict management strategies, strategic brochures, Center for political and Strategic Studies in Al-Ahram, P.149 , 2005.
- Article View: 1
- PDF Download: 3