Geomorphological risks of erosion and floods in the Wadi Al-Maleh basin
Al-Anbar University Journal For Humanities,
2022, Volume 2022, Issue 4, Pages 4101-4134
AbstractThe research aims to determine the geomorphological risks of erosion and floods. The research relied on the quantitative approach in the study, identification and analysis of erosion and torrential risks based on the Snyder model, which represents one of the mathematical models adopted by the method in hydrological studies, as the region lacks stations to measure the discharge rates of torrents, and this research was done Studying the geological structure, climate characteristics, determining the numbers of water bodies and gully erosion rates, and after applying the Snyder model, the research concluded that the average flow volume is 280,000 cubic meters, and the congratulations classification was reached for the degrees of risk of torrential rains on the basins in the region.
1) al-Samarrai, hind Tariq Majid, spatial analysis of the geomorphological and hydrological characteristics of the valley of qaratepe and Sura Khatun east of Maysan governorate, unpublished doctoral dissertation, Faculty of Education, Wasit University, 2020.
2) Al-Shammari, Iyad Abdul Ali Salman, estimating the volume of water erosion in the Wadi Abu ghraibat Basin in Maysan governorate, published research, Al-Ustad Journal for Humanities, Vol.58, No. 2, 2019.
3) Abbas, Ahmed Kazim, Wafa Mazen Abdullah, characteristics of floods in the twikla Valley Basin, Maysan Journal of academic studies, special issue (the first international virtual scientific conference), Maysan University, 2021.
4) Ali, Mohsen Mohammed, spatial modeling of flood hazards in the Wadi Al-makhrouk basin north of the city of Qurayyat, published research, Arabian Gulf Magazine, Volume 49, first issue, 2021.
5) Al-qaragouli, Abbas Fadel, estabraq Kazim Shabout Al-Masoudi, hydrological analysis of the drainage characteristics of the valley of agriculture using Geographic Information Systems, Al-Ustad Magazine, Volume IV, special issue of the fifth Scientific Conference, 2017, Faculty of Education, Wasit University.
6) Kazim, Sun Ali, spatial modeling of flood risks in the Wadi Rutka Basin in the Western Plateau of Iraq, published research, journal of Anbar University for Humanities, No. 1, 2022.
7) Karim, Ismail Juma, Ruqaya Ahmed Mohammed, estimating the volume of floods in the Wadi zarawa Basin in Sulaymaniyah using the Snyder model, Journal of Farahidi literature, issue 43, Volume 12, 2020.
8) harboud, Hussein Azab Khalif, Wasit governorate, a study in the forms of the Earth's surface, Mustansiriya University, Faculty of Education, Master's thesis (unpublished) 2000.
1) Bergsma, E. Iko., Rainfall Erosion Surveys for Conservation Planning. ITC
Raghunath H, M. (2006): Hydrology: principles analysis and design; Revisal Second Edition Limited, New Delhi
- Article View: 1
- PDF Download: 0