Self-awareness and its relationship to the cognitive style (risk - caution) among graduate students
Al-Anbar University Journal For Humanities,
2022, Volume 2022, Issue 4, Pages 4234-4273
AbstractThe aim of the research is to identify the relationship between self-awareness and cognitive style (risk-caution) among a sample of graduate students at the University of Anbar, and to reveal the differences in self-awareness and cognitive style risk-caution according to the gender variable (male - female) and specialization (scientific - human). The study sample consisted of (420) male and female students, and the scale of self-awareness prepared by the researcher was applied to them according to the theory (Bas, 1976). . The researcher also adopted the cognitive style scale (risk - caution), which was prepared by (Abdul-Majid, 2008), and based on the theory of Kagan & Wallach (Kagan & Wallach, 1964), and the scale consisted in its final form on (23) items. After applying the appropriate statistical procedures, the results of the study showed that there is a direct correlation between self-awareness and cognitive style (risk - caution), as postgraduate students at the university use the cognitive method (risk) or graduate students with low self-awareness use the method. Cognitive (caution), and there are no differences in self-awareness among graduate students in the variable of gender and specialization, while it was found that male graduate students are distinguished by the cognitive style (risk) more than female students, and there are no differences in the cognitive style (risk - caution) Among the postgraduate students in the specialization (scientific - human), and in light of the results, the researcher made a number of recommendations and suggestions.
1. Abuhatab, Fouad Abdel Latif (1990): mental abilities, Cairo, Anglo-Egyptian library, Egypt.
2. Abu Alam, Raja Mahmoud and Sherif, Nadia (1983): individual differences and their educational applications, Beirut, Dar Al-Alam .
3. Al-Khouly , Hisham (2002): cognitive methods and their controls in psychology, Dar Al-Kitab for modern publishing, Cairo .
4. Al-Zaghloul, Rafi Al-Naseer , al-Zaghloul, Emad Abdul Rahim (2003 ) : cognitive psychology, Al – Shorouk publishing and distribution house, Amman-Jordan .
5. Al-Sabawi, Fadila Arafat (2010 ): self-realization and the management of giving, Amman, Safa publishing and distribution house
6. Al-Obaidi, Ammar Awad (2018): death anxiety and its relationship to depression among Anbar university students returning from displacement, Anbar University Journal, P .4.
7. Al-Shammari, Karim Abdul Sager (2000): self-awareness and its relationship to professional compatibility for employees in professional institutions, unpublished master's thesis, Faculty of Arts, University of Baghdad .
8. Al-Atoum, Adnan Yousef ( 2004): cognitive psychology theory and practice, al-maseer publishing and distribution house, Amman .
9. Al-Atoum, Adnan Yousef (2010): cognitive psychology "theory and practice", Al – Masirah publishing and distribution house, Amman-Jordan .
10. Al-fermawi, Hamdi (1994): cognitive methods between theory and research, i1, Cairo, Anglo-Egyptian library .
11. Al-faraiji, Salman Abdul Wahid kiosh, (2001): the feeling of self and its relationship to the cognitive style (contemplative – impulsive) among preparatory students, (unpublished master's thesis), Faculty of Education, University of Baghdad.
12. Al-Kaabi, Basma Naim Mohsen sareeb ( 2010): the impact of education on the strategy of metacognitive knowledge for people with risk – caution in learning and retaining some basic skills in volleyball, supervised by Dr. Aida Ali Hussein, unpublished doctoral thesis, Faculty of Physical Education, University of Baghdad .
13. Al-Nuaimi, Muhannad Mohammed Abdul Sattar (1999): the impact of some variables on attention, (unpublished doctoral thesis), Faculty of Arts, University of Baghdad.
14. Jaradat, Abdul Karim and Ali Nusrat, (2010): the need for knowledge and a sense of self among university students, an exploratory study, the Jordanian Journal of Educational Sciences, Volume(6), Issue (4).
15. Goleman, Daniel (2000 ): emotional intelligence, translated by Laila Jebali, Dar Al marefa, Kuwait ،
16. Debis, said, Ibrahim al-Samad and NI ( 1988): the effectiveness of self-control training in the treatment of attention deficit disorders accompanied by excessive motor activity in Mentally Retarded Children capable of Learning, Journal of psychology, P (46), Egypt .
17. Sharif, Nadia Mahmoud(1982): cognitive-cognitive methods and their relationship to the concept of psychological differentiation, Journal of the world of thought, Issue (2), Volume (13), faculty of Education, Kuwait University.
18. Obeidat, Dogan et al., (1996) : scientific research, its concept, tools, methods, Dar Al-Fikr, Jordan.
19. Osman, Raunak Hamid (2008): cultural alienation and its relationship with self-realization among teachers in the Universities of the Kurdistan region, unpublished master's thesis, Salah al-Din University, Erbil .
20. Abdul Majeed, Hazima Kamal (2011): cognitive style (Risk – Caution) and its relationship with sensory memory, i1, Safa publishing and distribution house, Amman .
21. McElveen, Robert and gross, Richard (2002): introduction to the generalization of the social psyche, translated by Yasmin Haddad, Vol .1, Wael publishing house, Amman – Jordan.
Hashim, Sami (1994): self-awareness and its relationship to school anxiety among secondary school students, Journal of the Faculty of education in Zagazig, issue (21), Part Two .
- Allen, M. J & Yen. W. M (1979): Introduction to Measurement Theory California, Book Cole.
- Anastasia, A. (1976): Psychological Testing , 6th , New York, Macmillan Publishing Inc.
- Bass, A.H (1980): Self- Consciousness and social anxiety, university of Texas, W,H Freeman and company,p22.
- Buss ـ, A. H & M.F. Scheier (1976): Self- Consciousness , Self- Awareness and Self – Attribution , Journal of Research in Personality , Vol. 10 , No. 4
- Diner E (1979) : De individuation self- Awareness and disinhibit ion .journal of personality and social psychology, 37.p1160-1171
- Guilford (1980): Cognitive styles: What are They ? Education Psychology Measurement , Vol. (40).
Kagan, J. ;Reosman, B.; Day, D; Albers, J. & Phillips, W. (1964): Information Processing In the Child: Significance of Analytic and Reflective Attitudes. Psychological Monographs, 78 (1): 1-37
- Article View: 1
- PDF Download: 2