Psychological and Cognitive Developments among Adolescents - a Longitudinal Study-
Al-Anbar University Journal For Humanities,
2022, Volume 2022, Issue 4, Pages 4273-4304
AbstractDevelopmental changes are a successive series of changes that aim to complete the maturity of the human beings from the physical, mental, psychological and emotional aspects. These changes occur in a specific order and in a predictable way as a result of maturity and experience. To achieve the aim of the research, a main question was created: what is the level of the developmental changes among adolescents? Is there a relationship between the psychological and cognitive developments? Is the degree of changes differ according to sex and age? Accordingly, the current research aimed to identify the level of developmental changes among adolescents and the differences between developmental changes according to some demographic variables (sex - age). To achieve the aims of the research, (264) secondary school students were chosen from four schools. The age of the participants was between (14-17) years. To measure the developmental changes, the Rehacom system was adopted. After the analysis, the results of the current research showed that the level of developmental changes was high and statistically significant.
1. Abu Gado, Saleh, 1998 , Educational Psychology , Vol.1 , Dar Al-Masirah, Amman.
2. Al-ashol, Adel Ezzeldin , 2008 , Developmental Psychology from fetus to Old Age, Anglo-Egyptian library, Egypt.
3. El Sharkawy, Anwar Mohamed, 2003, contemporary cognitive psychology, Anglo-Egyptian library, Cairo, Egypt.
4. Al-Banna, Anwar, Muheisen , Aoun , 2002 , developmental psychology , governmental College of Education, Gaza.
5. Jaber, Abdel Hamid, 1999, theories of personality, Arab renaissance publishing and distribution house Cairo, Egypt.
6. Piaget, Jean, 1986, mental development in the child, translated by Samir Ali, children's Culture House, Baghdad, Iraq.
7. Galal, Saad, 1996, childhood and adolescence, 2nd floor, Dar Al-Fikr Al-Arabi, Cairo, Egypt
8. Hassan, Shafik Falah, 1989, fundamentals of evolutionary psychology, 1st floor, Dar Al-Jil Beirut, Lebanon.
9. Al-Rafei, Yahya Bin Abdul,2001, the impact of some courses offered to new students at the Teachers College in Dammam on the growth of the abstract thinking stage according to Piaget theory, master's thesis, Umm Al-Qura University, Faculty of Education.
10. Al-arqad , Hana Khaled , 2017 , theories of personality and its measurement, Al-Mamoun publishing and distribution house, Jordan .
11. Zahran, Hamed , Abdel Salam , 1995 , developmental psychology , I.5 , World Publishing, Cairo.
12. Zahran, Hamed Abdel Salam, 2000, Social Psychology, world of books, Cairo, Egypt.
13. Al-Zahrani, Najma, 2005, psychosocial development according to the theory of Ericson and its relationship to compatibility and academic achievement in a sample of high school students in the city of Taif , unpublished thesis , Umm Al-Qura University , Saudi Arabia .
14. Al-Zayyat, Fathi Mustafa, 1995, cognitive foundations of mental formation and information processing , Al-Wafa printing house , 1st floor , Egypt .
15. Suleiman, Ali al-Sayed, 1994, psychology of childhood and adolescence and its basic facts , Arab House of Sciences , Beirut .
16. Al-Sherbini , et al , 2013 , research methods in educational , psychological and social sciences , Al-shaqri library, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia .
17. Abdulghani, Huda , 2019 , rihacom knowledge system , House of books and documents, Baghdad, Iraq .
18. Al-Atoum, Adnan, Alawneh , Shafiq and others , 2005 , educational psychology , Dar Al-Masirah , Amman, Jordan .
19. Assiri, Abeer, 2003 , a relationship that forms the identity of the ego with both the self-concept and the general psychological and social compatibility of a sample of high school students , Taif city , unpublished letter , Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia .
20. Aweida, Kamel Mohamed, 1996, developmental psychology, scientific books publishing and distribution house, Beirut, Lebanon .
21. Ghobari, Thaer Abu Shaira , 2009, psychology of human development between childhood and adolescence , Arab Society Library for publishing and distribution , Amman , Jordan .
22. Fromm, Eric, 2009, the Syrian society, translated by Mahmoud Hammoud, Anglo-Egyptian library, Cairo .
23. Fahmy, Amin, Abdullah, Al-Sabour, 2001, the perspective approach in facing future contemporary challenges, Dar Al-Maarif, Cairo.
24. Qatami, Yousef, 2000 , child cognitive and linguistic development , Al-Ahlia publishing and distribution , Amman, Jordan .
25. Salim, Maryam, 2009, developmental psychology, Dar an-Nahda Al-Arabiya, Beirut .
26. Al-Maamouri is successful, Ali, al-Maamouri, 2010, study of psychosocial development and its relationship to psychological compatibility in adolescents, Journal of Human Sciences, Faculty of Education, University of Babylon, Iraq.
27. Mouawad, Mikhail , 1994 , developmental psychology – childhood and adolescence, Vol .3, Alexandria University House of thought.
28. Al-meliji, Helmy, 2001, personality psychology, Dar Al-Nahda Al-Arabiya, Beirut, Lebanon .
29. Hall, K. , and Lindsay, C., 1971, theories of personality, Farag Ahmed et al., Egyptian General Authority for copyright , Cairo, Egypt.
30. Yacoub, Ghassan, 1978, the crisis of identity and youth ,Arab Foundation for studies and publishing, Beirut.
- Article View: 1
- PDF Download: 2