جامعة الانبار- كلية التربية للعلوم الانسانية
University of Anbar college of Education for Humanities
University of Anbar –College of Education for Humanities
-University of Anbar – College of Education for Humanities
University of Anbar
Document Type : Research Paper
The aims of this research is to delve into the endowment system, a significant moral foundation that Muslims have undertaken to bear the weight of numerous scientific, educational, social, health, and relief services, the responsibility of which is formidable in the relevant departments and sectors today. The research is divided into two parts. The first part discusses the endowment and its significance in Islam, detailing its provisions, conditions, legitimacy, types, and impact on Muslims, both socially and scientifically. This section is dedicated to emphasizing and encouraging individuals with financial means to dedicate a portion of their wealth to various projects that serve people of all categories. Moving on to the second section, we explore the endowments in Anbar Governorate, examining their types and how they are managed by the Sunni Endowment Department in Anbar. We elaborate on the tasks of this department and substantiate its activities by shedding light on its personnel, units, and the work it undertakes. This includes the attention given to archaeological and religious sites and the education of people about the significance of this awareness in both the present and the hereafter. The research yields numerous results and recommendations that underscore the importance of endowments for Muslims, promoting social solidarity among them. It emphasizes the significance of endowments in Anbar and their maintenance by the Sunni Endowment Department. Additionally, it advocates for the creation of an annual archive and guide for the department, elucidating its work and activities.
- Ibn al-Hajib, Othman bin Abi Bakr bin Yunus al-Kurdi (d. 646 AH / 1249 AD), Collective of Mothers, (authenticated by: Abu Abd al-Rahman al-Akhdari, 1st Edition, (Damascus, Al-Yamamah, 1419 AH / 1998 AD).
- Ibn al-Hammam, Kamal al-Din Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahed (d. 861 AH / 1457 AD), Explanation of Fath al-Qadeer on al-Hidayah, Sharh al-Mubtadi' by Sheikh al-Islam al-Marghiani, (Reviewer): Abd al-Razzaq al-Mahdi, (Beirut, Dar al-Kitab al-Ilmiya) ..
- Ibn Hibban, Abu Hatim Muhammad ibn Hibban ibn Ahmad al-Tamimi (d. 354 AH / 965 AD), Sahih Ibn Hibban, 2nd edition, (Beirut, Al-Risala Foundation, 1414 AH / 1993 AD).
- Ibn Abd al-Barr, Abu Omar Yusuf bin Abdullah bin Muhammad al-Qurtubi (d. 463 AH / 1071 AD), Al-Kafi fi Fiqh Ahl al-Madinah, (authored by: Muhammad Muhammad Ahmad al-Muriani, 2nd Edition, (Riyadh, Modern Riyadh Library, 1400 AH / 1980 AD).
- Ibn Nujaim, Zain al-Din ibn Ibrahim ibn Muhammad (d. 970 AH / 1563 AD), al-Bahr al-Zaiq, explaining the treasure of minutes, 2nd edition, (Cairo, Dar al-Kitab al-Islami.).
- Al-Azhari, Abu Mansour Muhammad bin Ahmad (d. 370 AH / 981 AD), Tahdheeb al-Lugha (Revised): Muhammad Awad Mereb, 1st edition, (Beirut, Dar Revival of Arab Heritage, 1422 AH / 2001 AD).
- Al-Albani, Muhammad Nasir al-Din, Irwa al-Ghalil fi Takhrij Hadiths of Manar al-Sabil, 2nd edition, (Beirut, The Islamic Office, 1405 AH / 1985 AD).
- Al-Burhan al-Tarabulsi, Ibrahim bin Musa bin Abi Bakr (d. 922 AH / 1516 AD), Al-Isaaf fi Ahkam Al-Awqaf, 2nd Edition, (Egypt, Al-Mubta’a Al-Hindiyyah, 1320 AH / 1902 AD).
- Al-Bayhaqi, Abu Bakr Ahmad bin Al-Hussein bin Ali bin Musa (d. 458 AH / 1066 AD), Al-Sunan Al-Kubra, (authenticated by: Muhammad Abdul Qadir Atta, 3rd edition, (Beirut, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiya, 1424 AH / 2003 AD).
- Al-Tirmidhi, Abu Issa Muhammad ibn Issa (d. 279 AH / 892 AD), Sunan Al-Tirmidhi, (audited): Bashar Awad Maarouf, (Beirut, Dar Al-Gharb Al-Islami, 1419 AH / 1998 AD).
- Al-Jassem, Abdul Aziz Khader, Al-Anbar neighborhood of Bani Al-Abbas, (Beirut, Dar Al-Ulum Al-Arabiya, 2016 AD).
- Al-Hattab, Yahya bin Sheikh Muhammad al-Ra'ani (d. 954 AH / 1547 AD) Explanation of the Standing Terms and Dividing by Those Who Deserve, / 1st Edition, (Tunisia, Arab Press, 1341 AH / 1924 AD).
- Al-Dasouki, Muhammad bin Ahmed bin Arafa (d. 1230 AH / 1815 AD), Al-Dasouki's footnote on the great explanation, (Beirut, Dar Al-Fikr, D.T).
- Al-Zamakhshari, Abu Al-Qasim Mahmoud bin Amr bin Ahmed (d. 538 AH / 1143 AD), The Basis of Eloquence, (audited): Muhammad Basil Oyoun Al-Soud, 1st Edition, (Beirut, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiya, 1419/1998 AD)
- Al-Shafi'i, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Idris al-Qurashi (d. 204 AH / 940 AD), the mother (Beirut, Dar al-Ma'rifah, 1410 AH / 1990 AD).
- Al-Saleh, Muhammad Ahmed, The endowment in Islamic law and its impact on society, 1st edition, (Riyadh, King Fahd National Library, 1422 AH / 2001 AD).
- Al-Ani, Hamid Shaker, The Life of the Anbar Scholar, Sheikh Abdul-Jalil Ibrahim Al-Hiti, 1st edition, (Baghdad, Al-Qabas Press, 1988)
- Al-Fayrouz Abadi, Majd al-Din Abu Taher (d. 817 AH / 1415 AD), Al-Qamous al-Muhit, (audited): Heritage Investigation Office in the Al-Resala Foundation, 8th Edition, (Beirut, Al-Resala Foundation for Printing, Publishing and Distribution, 1426 AH / 2005 AD).
- Al-Muhammadi, Hammoud, Muhammad Shakir, History of Fallujah, from the roots to the middle of the twentieth century, 2nd edition, (Fallujah, Publications of the Cultural and Literary Complex in Fallujah, 2019).
- Al-Mashaykhi, Kazem Ahmed, the history of the establishment of the Iraqi Islamic Party, (Baghdad, Dar Al-Raqim, 2005).
- An-Nasa'i, Abu Abd al-Rahman Ahmad ibn Shuaib al-Khurasani (d. 303 AH / 915 AD), Sunan al-Nisa'i, explained by al-Suyuti and the footnote of al-Sindi, (audited): Heritage Investigation Bureau, 5th edition, (Beirut, Dar al-Ma'rifah, 1420 AH / 1999 AD).
- Al-Anbar Newspaper, Issue (34), September 29, 2001
- Abdullah, Muhammad bin Abdul Aziz, Endowment in Islamic Thought, (Kingdom of Morocco, Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, 1416 AH / 1996 AD).
- The Islamic Message Magazine, Issue: (298) for the year 2009 AD, the Sunni Endowment Office.
- The Directorate of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar, Human Resources, Electronic Archive, 2021 AD
- Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani, Abu Al-Fadl, Ahmed bin Ali (d. 852 AH / 1448 AD), Fath Al-Bari Explanation of Sahih Al-Bukhari, (Beirut, Dar Al-Ma'rifah, 1379 AH / 1959 AD).
- Ibn Hazm Al-Andalusi, Abu Muhammad Ali bin Ahmed bin Saeed (d. 456 AH / 1063 AD), Al-Mahalla Al-Athar, (Beirut, Dar Al-Fikr, Dr. T).
- Ibn Saad, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Saad (d. 230 AH / 845 AD), Al-Tabaqat Al-Kubra, (authored by: Ihsan Abbas, 1st edition, (Beirut, Dar Sader, 1388 AH / 1968 AD).
- Ibn Shebh, Omar Ibn Shebh Ibn Ubaidah al-Basri (d. 262 AH / 876 AD), History of the City, (authored): Fakhim Muhammad Shaltut, d. (Jeddah, Jeddah Publishing House, 1399 AH / 1978 AD).
- Ibn Majah, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Yazid al-Qazwini (d. 273 AH / 887 AD), Sunan Ibn Majah, (authored by): Muhammad Fuad Abd al-Baqi, (Beirut, Arab Book Revival House, Dr. T)
- Ibn Manzoor, Muhammad bin Makram bin Ali (d. 711 AH / 1311 AD), Lisan Al-Arab, 3rd edition, (Beirut, Dar Sader, 1414 AH / 1993).
- Abu Zahra, Muhammad, Lectures on the Waqf, 2nd edition, (Cairo, Dar Al-Fikr Al-Arabi, Dr. T).
- Abu Muhammad Muwaffaq al-Din Abdullah bin Ahmad al-Hanbali (d. 620 AH / 1223 AD), al-Mughni (Cairo, Cairo Library, 1388 AH / 1968 AD).
- Ahmed, Ibrahim Khalil, Jaafar Abbas Hamidi, Contemporary History of Iraq, (Baghdad, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Dr. T)
- Effendi, Ali Haidar, Arranging the Classes in the Rulings of Standing, (translated by): Akram Abdul-Jabbar and Muhammad Ahmad Al-Omar, (Beirut, Al-Rayyan Foundation, Dr. T).
- Amin, Muhammad, Endowments and Social Life in Egypt 648-923 AH / 1450-1517 AD, (Cairo, Arab Renaissance House, 1401 AH / 1980 AD).
- Baqer, Taha, Introduction to the History of Iraq, Al-Harat Al-Qadim, Part 2, (Baghdad, Beit Al-Warraq, 2012).
- Al-Bukhari, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Ismail Al-Jaafi (d. 256 AH / 870 AD), Al-Jami Al-Sahih, 1st edition, (Cairo, Dar Al-Shaab, 1407 AH / 1987 AD).
- Al-Baladhuri, Ahmed bin Yahya Man Hammad (d. 279 AH / 892 AD), Futouh Al-Buldan, (Beirut, Dar and Al-Hilal Library, 1409 AH / 1988 AD).
- Bou Rukba, Al-Saeed, the Islamic endowment and its impact on social life in Morocco, symposium of the Endowment Foundation in the Arab Islamic World, (The Arab Organization for Education, Culture and Science, Arab Research and Studies Institute, 1403 AH / 1983 AD).
- Al-Bayati, Taha Muhammad, History and Clans of Ramadi and Al-Haditha, (Baghdad, Library and Dar Al-Abbad for Publishing and Distribution, 2013).
- Al-Anbar Newspaper, Issue (30), November 24, 2001
- Al-Anbar Newspaper, Issue (36), January 12, 2002 AD
- Al-Waqa'e' Al-Iraqiya Newspaper, Issue (428), October 28, 1960
- Al-Janabi, Hassan Kashash, The Functional Region of the City of Ramadi, unpublished doctoral thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Arts (2006)
- Al-Jawhary, Abu Nasr Ismail bin Hammad (d. 393 AH / 1003 AD), Al-Sihah Taj al-Lughah wa Sahih al-Arabiyyah, (authenticated by: Ahmad Abd al-Ghafur Attar, 4th edition, (Beirut, Dar al-Ilm Li’l-Malayyin, 1407 AH / 1987)
- Al-Hadithi, Farhan, Haditha History, Part 1, (Baghdad, Asaad Press, 1988 AD),
- Hussein, the provisions of wills and endowments in Islamic law, 307-309; Zuhaili, Wahba, Wills and Endowments in Islamic Jurisprudence, 2nd edition, (Damascus, Dar Al-Fikr, 1419 AH / 1998 AD).
- Hussein, Ahmed Farrag, the provisions of wills and endowments in Islamic law, (Beirut, Dar al-Jami'a, Dr. T).
- Hammoud, Majid Suleiman, The Role of Islamic Discourse after the Catastrophe of the Occupation of Iraq 2003, (Baghdad, Diwan of the Sunni Endowment, Department of Research and Development, 2015 AD).
- Hanna Batatu, Iraq, vol. 1-3
- Khadduri, Majeed, Republican History of Iraq, 1st edition, (Amir Qom, Al-Sharif Al-Radi, 1997 AD).
- Al-Khatib al-Sherbiny, Shams al-Din Muhammad ibn Ahmad (d. 977 AH / 1570 AD), Mughni al-Muhtaj al-Muhtaj al-Munhaj, vol. 1, (Beirut, Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyyah, 1415 AH / 1994 AD).
- Khilaf, Abd al-Wahhab, Ilm Usul al-Fiqh, 8th Edition, (Beirut, Dar Al-Qalam, Dr. T).
- Al-Dabouji, Saeed, Education in Islam, Mosul University Journal, No. 5, 1975 AD.
- Al-Dardir, Abu Al-Barakat Ahmad bin Muhammad Al-Adawi (d. 1201 AH/1786 AD), Al-Sharh Al-Saghir on the closest paths to the doctrine of Imam Malik, 1st edition, (Beirut, Dar Ibn Hazm, 1434 AH/2013 AD).
- The role of scholars in saving Iraq after the occupation of Baghdad in 656 AH, 1st edition, Sunni Endowment Office, Department of Research and Studies, (2019 AD)
- Al-Duri, Abdul Aziz, Iraq’s Economic History in the Fourth Century AH, 3rd edition, (Beirut, Center for Arab Unity Studies, 1416 AH/1995).
- Dawisha, Adeed, Contemporary Political History of Iraq, (translator) Mustafa Noman, (Baghdad, Dar Al-Murtada, 2012 AD).
- Sunni Endowment Office, Department of Islamic and Charitable Institutions, Islamic Guidance Department, Baghdad
- Diwan of the Sunni Endowment, Department of Islamic and Charitable Institutions, Guidance Department
- Al-Raisuni, Ahmed, The Islamic Endowment in its Fields and Dimensions, 1st edition, (Cairo, Dar Al-Kalima for Publishing and Distribution, 1425 AH/2014).
- Zaidan, Abdul Karim, Introduction to the Study of Sharia, 8th edition, (Beirut, Al-Resala Foundation, 1405 AH/1985 AD).
- Al-Zayla’i, Jamal al-Din Abu Muhammad Abdullah (d. 762 AH/1360 AD), Monument of the Banner Lamarin al-Hidayah, (edited by): Muhammad Awafa, 1st edition, (Beirut, Al-Rayyan Printing and Publishing Establishment, 1418 AH/1997 AD).
- Al-Zayla’i, Fakhr al-Din Othman Ali bin Muhjin (d. 743 AH/1343 AD), Tabyen al-Faqi’i Sharh Kanz al-Daqaqa’ wa Hashiyat al-Shibli, 1st edition, (Cairo, Al-Kubra Al-Amiriyya Press, 1313 AH/1895 AD).
- Al-Sarkhasi, Muhammad bin Ahmed bin Abi Sahl (d. 483 AH/1091 AD), Al-Mabsut, (Beirut, Dar Al-Ma’rifa, 1414 AH/1993 AD).
- Al-Samhudi, Nour al-Din Abu al-Hasan Ali bin Abdullah (d. 911 AH/1506 AD), Wafa al-Wafa bi Akhbar al-Mustafa, 1st edition, (Beirut, Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyyah, 1419 AH/1998 AD).
- Al-Shafi’i, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Idris bin Al-Abbas Al-Qurashi (d. 204 AH/820 AD), Al-Umm, (Beirut, Dar Al-Ma’rifa, 1410 AH/1990 AD).
- The Engineering Affairs Division of the Sunni Endowment Directorate in Anbar, 2021
- Shams al-Din al-Ramli, Muhammad bin Ahmad bin Hamzah (d. 104 AH / 1596 AD), The End of the Need for Explanation of the Curriculum, (Beirut, Dar Al-Fikr, 1404 AH / 1984 AD).
- Al-Ani, Alaeddin Ahmed, Conical Dome Views in Iraq
- Abdul-Jalil, Firas Yahya, The Efforts of Sheikh Abdul-Jalil Ibrahim Al-Hiti in Interpretation and his Approach to it, Issue (13) for the year 2013 AD, Anbar University Journal of Islamic Sciences, The Second Conference of the College of Islamic Sciences - Ramadi.
- Abdel Aziz, Al-Darwish, The Waqf Experience in the Kingdom of Morocco, a research within the book The Waqf System in Contemporary Application, authored by: Elite Researchers, 1st edition, (Kuwait, General Secretariat of Awqaf, 1423 AH / 2003 AD).
- Abdul Majeed Muqtadir Hamdan, Waqf concept, history and causes, research published in the Fifth Scientific Conference, (Khartoum, 1438 AH / 2017 AD).
- The al-Abbas's (p) Holy Shrine, Department of Intellectual and Cultural Affairs, Dean's International Center for Research and Studies, information panel, 2018.
- Clinic, Kamal Mansour, Conservation of Archaeological Sites, Sumer Magazine, 25, Part 1 and 2, 1969.
- Al-Fahdawi, Khaled, The Future of Iraq and the Islamic World, (Baghdad, Sunni Endowment Diwan, 2010).
- Judge Ayyad, Abu al-Fadl ibn Yusuf al-Yahsabi (d. 544 AH / 1149 AD), Arrangement of Perceptions and Approaching the Paths, (audited): Abdul Qadir al-Sahrawi, 1st Edition, (Morocco, Fadalah Press, 1385 AH / 1966 AD).
- Al-Qaloubi, Ahmed Salama and Al-Baroulsi, Ahmed Ghumira, Mashita Qaloubi and Amira, (Beirut, Dar Al-Fikr, 1415 AH / 1995 AD),
- Al-Kubaisi, Muhammad Ubaid, The provisions of the endowment in Islamic law, (Baghdad, Al-Irshad Press, 1397 AH / 1977 AD).
- Al-Kurdi, Ahmed Al-Jami, Contemporary Jurisprudence Research and Fatwas, 1st edition, (Egypt, Dar Al-Bashair Al-Islamiyyah, 1420 AH / 1999 AD).
- Kassar, Ahmed, Preachers of Anbar, (Anbar, Diwan of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar, Division of Information and Public Relations, Section One).
- Malik, Anas bin Malim Al-Asbahi Al-Madani (d. 179 AH / 795 AD), Al-Mudawwana, 1st edition, (Beirut, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiyya, Lebanon, 1415 AH / 1994 AD).
- Al-Ummah Al-Wasat Magazine, Issue (3) for the year 2011 AD, Sunni Endowment Office, p. 3.
- Al-Ummah Al-Wasat Magazine, Issue (4) for the year 2012 AD, Sunni Endowment Office, Baghdad.
- Al-Umma Al-Wasat Magazine, Sunni Endowment Office, Cultural Office for Moderation and Moderation, Issue (3), 1.
- Al Ain Magazine, Issue (1), December 2003, Sunni Endowment Directorate in Anbar Governorate.
- A group of researchers, Association of Anbar Scholars, Summary of the Association’s Work in its Eighth Year (1973-1974), (Baghdad, Al-Arshad Press, 1973).
- Muhammad, Ali Jassim, Ramadi Brigade in the Interim Economic Plan (1959-196 AD), published research, Anbar University Journal of Human Sciences, Volume 1, Issue 4, 2021 AD.
- Sunni Endowment Directorate, Mosques Division, 2021 AD
- The Directorate of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar, Office of the Director of the Directorate, 2021 AD
- The Directorate of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar, archive, 2021 AD
- Directorate of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar, Computers and Information Division, April 18, 2021 AD.
- Sunni Endowment Directorate, Engineering Department, Department of Historic Buildings and Archaeological Mosques, Registration and Documentation Division, 2021 AD.
- Al-Marghyani, Abu Al-Hasan Burhan Al-Din Ali bin Abi Bakr (d. 593 AH/1197 AD), The Beginning of the Beginner in the Jurisprudence of Imam Abu Hanifa, (Cairo, Muhammad Ali Subh Library and Press, d.d.).
- Muslim, Abu al-Hasan al-Qushayri al-Naysaburi (d. 261 AH/875 AD), the authentic, brief chain of transmission of justice from justice to the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, (revised): Muhammad Fouad Abd al-Baqi, (Beirut, Dar Revival of Arab Heritage, D. .t).
- Ramadi Brigade projects in the temporary economic plan, Ministry of Planning, 1959-1961 AD
- Matar, Jawad and others, Human Rights between Globalization and Islam, 1st edition, (Baghdad, House of Wisdom Press, 2009 AD).
- A personal interview with Mr. Hamid Sabbar Al-Fahdawi, Director of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar, on May 15, 2021 AD.) Anbar Newspaper, Issue (29), November 17, 2001.
- A personal interview with Mr. Hamid Sabbar Al-Fahdawi, Director of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar on May 15, 2021 AD
- A personal interview with Sheikh Abdullah Jalal, Director of the Sunni Endowment in Anbar, on November 2020
- Al-Maqrizi, Taqi al-Din Ahmad ibn Ali (d. 845 AH / 1441 AD), The Book of Plans and Antiquities, (Beirut, Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmia, 1418 AH / 1988).
- Al-Mahidi, Khaled bin Hadoub bin Fawzan, d.t., The impact of the endowment on the call to God Almighty, (Riyadh, Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Call and Guidance, 1426 AH / 2005 AD).
- Nour, Jaber Ahmed, Beware of Exaggeration in Religion, (Baghdad, The Sunni Endowment Diwan, The Cultural Diwan of Moderation and Moderation, Research and Studies Series (23), 2011 AD).
- Al-Wardi, Ali, Social Glimpses from the Modern History of Iraq, Parts 1-6
- Yakan, Zuhdi, The Endowment in Sharia and Law, (Cairo, Dar Al-Nahda Al-Arabiya, 1298 AH / 1977).