University of Anbar - College of Education for Humanities
University of Anbar college of Education for Humanities
Document Type : Research Paper
The Dictionary of Countries is considered one of the most important works and sources that many researchers relied on with everything that includes the science of geography to know the names of countries and places and see them more accurately, especially this dictionary has become an important source for other types of science, the political situation in the Islamic Maghreb emerged for the leaders of the conquest as the state faced Arab and Islamic obstacles to the conquest of the countries of the Islamic Maghreb, which clarified several things for this stage, including the radical change of Morocco from transforming the people of that country into an Islamic society liberated from slavery that was controlled by the Romans and the Franks, and the establishment of a military force that would be a defensive and fortified center for them from the enemies. The first steps of Muslims to conquer the Maghreb.
- Ibn Abi Shaybah, Abu Bakr Abdullah bin Muhammad bin Ibrahim bin Othman bin Khawasti Al-Absi (d.: 235 AH / 849 AD) The Book Compiled in Hadiths and Antiquities, (Reviewer) Kamal Yusuf Al-Hout, (Riyadh, Al-Rushd Library, 1988 AD)
- Ibn al-Abar, the sequel to the Book of Relevance, (investigated by) Abd al-Salam al-Haras, (Beirut: Dar al-Fikr for Printing, 1995 AD).
- Ibn al-Abbar, Muhammad bin Abdullah bin Abi Bakr (d.: 658 AH / 1259 AD) Al-Hillah Al-Sira’, (authored) Hussein Mu’nis, (Cairo: Dar Al-Ma’arif, 1985 AD)
- Ibn al-Atheer, Abu al-Hasan Ali ibn Abi al-Karam Muhammad ibn Muhammad ibn Abd al-Karim ibn Abd al-Wahed (d.: 630 AH / 1233 AD) The Complete in History, (authored) Omar Abd al-Salam Tadmuri, (Beirut: Dar al-Kitab al-Arabi, 1997 AD).
- Ibn al-Jawzi, Abu al-Faraj Abd al-Rahman bin Ali bin Muhammad (597 AH / 1200 AD) regular in the history of nations and kings, (investigated by) Muhammad Abd al-Qadir Atta and Mustafa Abd al-Qadir Atta, (Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiya, 1992 AD).
- Ibn al-Damiati, Shihab al-Din Ahmad ibn Abiyik (d.: 749 AH / 1358 CE) benefited from the footnote to the history of Baghdad, (authored) Muhammad Mouloud Khalaf, (Beirut: Al-Risala Foundation, 1986 AD)
- Ibn al-Sha'ar, Abu al-Barakat Kamal al-Din al-Mubarak Ibn al-Sha'ar (d.: 654 AH / 1256 A.D.) Qala'id al-Juman in the pioneering poets of this time, (investigated by) Kamel Salman al-Jubouri, (Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiya, 2005).
- Ibn Al-Adim, Umar bin Ahmed bin Hibat Allah bin Abi Jarada (d.: 660 AH / 1261 AD) for the sake of demand in the history of Aleppo, (investigator) Suhail Zakkar, (Dar Al-Fikr, d.t.)
- Ibn Al-Mustafi, Al-Mubarak bin Ahmed Al-Mubarak (d.: 637 AH / 1239 AD) History of Erbil, (authored) Sami bin Al-Sayyid Khammas Al-Saffar, (Baghdad, Dar Al-Rasheed, 1980 AD)
- Ibn Hibban, Abu Hatim Muhammad ibn Hibban ibn Moaz ibn Ma`bad (d.: 354 AH / 965 AD), famous scholars of the regions and prominent jurists of the countries, (authored) Marzouq Ali Ibrahim, (Mansoura: Dar Al-Wafaa for Printing and Distribution, 1991 AD).
- Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, Abu al-Fadl Ahmad bin Ali bin Muhammad bin Ahmad bin Hajar (d.: 852 AH / 1448 AD) Lisan al-Mizan, (authored), the Al-Moa'rif al-Nizamiyyah Department, India, (Beirut: Al-Alamy Publications Institute, 1971 AD).
- Ibn Hawqal, Abu al-Qasim Muhammad al-Baghdadi (d.: after 367 AH / 977 AD) Sourat al-Ard, (Beirut: Dar Sader, 1938 AD)
- Ibn Khalkan, Abu al-Abbas Shams al-Din Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Ibrahim (d.: 681 AH / 1282 AD), Deaths of Notables and News of the Sons of Time, (authenticated) Ihsan Abbas, (Beirut, Dar Sader, 1900 AD).
- Ibn Saad, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Saad bin Manea (d.: 230 AH / 844 AD) Al-Tabaqat Al-Kubra, (Reviewer) Ihsan Abbas, (Beirut: Dar Sader, 1968 AD)
- Ibn Abd al-Barr, Abu Omar Yusuf bin Abdullah bin Muhammad (d.: 463 AH / 1070 AD) Absorption in the Knowledge of the Companions, (authenticated) Ali Muhammad al-Bajawi, (Beirut: Dar al-Jil, 1992 AD).
- Ibn Abd al-Haqq, Abd al-Mu'min bin Abd al-Haqq bin Shamael al-Qati'i Safi al-Din (d.: 739 AH / 1338 CE) Observatories of Perspectives on the Names of Places and Bekaa, (Beirut: Dar Al-Jil, 1991 CE)
- Ibn Adhari, Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Muhammad (d.: about 695 AH / 1295 AD) Al-Bayan Al-Maghrib fi Akhbar Al-Andalus and Al-Maghrib, (authored) Colan and Levi Provencal, (Beirut: Dar Al-Thaqafa, 1982 AD).
- Ibn Asaker, Abu Al-Qasim Ali Bin Al-Hassan Bin Hibat Allah (d.: 571 AH / 1175 AD) The History of Damascus, (authored) Amr Bin Gharamah Al-Amrawi, (Dar Al-Fikr for Printing, Publishing and Distribution, 1995 AD).
- Ibn Manzoor, Abu al-Fadl Muhammad bin Makram bin Ali Jamal al-Din (d.: 711 AH / 1311 AD) Lisan al-Arab, 2nd edition, (Beirut: Dar Sader, 1993 AD).
- Ibn Yunus, Abu Saeed Abd al-Rahman bin Ahmad bin Yunus al-Sadafi (d.: 347 AH / 958 AD) The History of Ibn Yunus al-Masry, (Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyyah, 2000 AD).
- Abu al-Falah Abd al-Hay bin Ahmad bin Muhammad (d.: 1089 AH / 1678 CE) Gold nuggets in Akhbar min Dahab, (authenticated) Mahmoud al-Arnaout, his hadiths were published by: Mahmoud al-Arnaout, (Beirut: Dar Ibn Katheer, 1986 CE).
- Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Omar bin Waqid Al-Sahmi (d.: 207 AH / 822 AD) Fattouh Al-Sham, (Beirut: Dar Al-Kutub Al-Alamiyyah, 1997 AD)
- Abu Ubayyah, Taha Abd al-Maqsud Abd al-Hamid, Summary of the Islamic Conquests, (Cairo: Publishing House of Universities, Dr. T).
- Abu Ubaid, Al-Qasim bin Salam bin Abdullah Al-Baghdadi (d.: 224 AH / 838 AD) Ghareeb Al-Hadith, (Reviewer) Muhammad Abd Al-Mu`id Khan, (Hyderabad: The Ottoman Encyclopedia Press, 1964 AD)
- Abu Awanah, Yaqoub bin Ishaq bin Ibrahim (316 AH / 928 AD) extracted from Abu Awanah, (authored) Ayman bin Aref al-Dimashqi, (Beirut: Dar al-Ma'rifah, 1998 AD)
- Ahmed, Ramadan Ahmed, The Journey and the Muslim Travelers, (Jeddah: Dar Al-Bayan Al-Arabi, Dr. T).
- Al-Azhari, Abu Mansour Muhammad bin Ahmed bin Al-Harawi (d.: 370 AH / 980 AD), Tahdheeb Al-Lugha (Refined by) Muhammad Awad Mereb, (Beirut: Arab Heritage Revival House, 2001 AD).
- Al-Baghawi, Abu al-Qasim Abdullah bin Muhammad bin Abdul Aziz bin al-Marzban bin Sabur (d.: 317 AH / 929 AD) The Dictionary of the Companions, (authenticated) Muhammad al-Amin bin Muhammad al-Jakni, (Beirut: Dar al-Bayan Library, 2000 AD)
- Al-Baladhuri, Ahmed bin Yahya bin Jaber bin Dawood (d.: 279 AH / 892 AD) Futouh Al-Buldan, (Beirut: Dar and Al-Hilal Library, 1988 AD).
- Al-Tirmidhi, Abu Issa Muhammad ibn Isa ibn Surah ibn Musa ibn al-Dahhak (d.: 279 AH / 892 AD), Sunan al-Tirmidhi, (authored) Bashar Awad Maarouf, (Beirut: Dar Al-Gharb Al-Islami, 1998 AD).
- Hassan, Zaki Muhammad, Muslim Travelers in the Middle Ages, (Cairo: Hindawi Foundation for Education and Culture, 2012 AD)
- Hamida, Abd al-Rahman, Notable Arab Geographers and their extracts from their works, (Damascus: Dar al-Fikr, 1995 AD).
- Al-Humairi, Abu Abdullah Muhammad bin Abdullah bin Abdul-Moneim (d.: 900 AH / 1494 AD) Al-Rawd Al-Matar in the news of Al-Aqtar, (authored) Ihsan Abbas, (Beirut: Nasser Foundation for Culture, 1980 AD).
- Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi, Abu Bakr Ahmed bin Ali bin Thabit bin Ahmed bin Mahdi (d.: 463 AH / 1072 AD) The History of Baghdad, (authored) Mustafa Abdul Qadir Atta, (Beirut: Dar Al-Kutub Al-Ilmiya, 1996 AD).
- Khalifa bin Khayyat, Abu Amr Khalifa bin Khayyat bin Khalifa Al-Asfari (d.: 240 AH / 854 AD) History of Khalifa bin Khayyat, (authored) Akram Diaa Al-Omari, (Beirut: Al-Risala Foundation, 1976 AD),