قسم الجغرافیة/ کلیة التربیة للعلوم الانسانیة/ جامعة الانبار
University of Anbar - College of Education for Humanities
Document Type : Research Paper
The research aims to assess the water quality of the Tharthar Canal and its suitability for human activities in the study area by conducting physical and chemical analyzes of that water and showing its suitability for human uses. The results of the study show that most of the samples in the study area are not suitable for human use, especially drinking. The total hardness, sulfate and calcium values were determined only after filtering and processing to become drinkable, while laboratory analyzes showed that they are suitable for agricultural use in all samples of the study area. Because of the importance of the research, the physical and chemical properties were addressed to find out if they were affected by the natural or human geographical characteristics and their impact on the residents of the nearby areas and their various activities to find out the problems and develop appropriate solutions that would address the problems and adopt it as a fixed water source. It became clear through the field study that the Al-Tharthar-Euphrates Canal is not approved by the population as a main water resource, but most of the residents of the areas relied on wells for their various activities, foremost of which is agriculture and drinking.
- Hussein (2007), Mustafa Ali, hydrogeochemistry and hydrochemical model of the groundwater of the Mandali Basin / eastern Iraq, PhD thesis (unpublished), College of Science, University of Baghdad.
- Al-Saeedi et al. (1986) Hussein Ali, Aquatic Ecology, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, University of Basra.
- Al-Jubouri, (2004) Jaber Hamid Aliwi, Hydrogeochemistry of the Great Dam Reservoir, PhD thesis (unpublished), College of Science, University of Baghdad.
- Al-Obaidi (2011) on behalf of Hussein Khair and Muhammad Sadiq Suleiman, Study of the quality of the amount of groundwater in Anbar Governorate and its suitability for human and agricultural uses, Al-Nahrain University Journal, Volume (4) Issue (1)
- Ibrahim (1986) Virial Sameem, Fresh Water Science, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Dar Al-Kutub for Printing and Publishing, Basra University.
- Shawan (2011) Othman Hussein, Qualitative Characteristics of Groundwater Using Geographic Information Systems, Dar Ghaida for Publishing and Distribution, Jordan.
- Zaidan (2007) Tahsin Ali and Rafi Qadouri Al-Kubaisi, The effect of groundwater and sulfur springs on the water quality of the Euphrates River from the Syrian borders to the Heet region in Anbar Governorate, Anbar University Journal of Pure Sciences, Issue (1), Volume (1). ).
- Al-Jabri (2004) Jaber Hamid Aliwi, Hydrogeochemistry of Al-Azim Dam Reservoir, PhD thesis (unpublished), College of Science, University of Baghdad.
- Muhammad (1999) Hamad Muhammad, Hydrology, Directorate of University Books and Publications, Aleppo University Publications, Faculty of Science.