Geography / Education / University of Baghdad / collage for women / Baghdad / Iraq
المديرية العامة لتربية بغداد
Document Type : Research Paper
The study of grooval erosion and ways to address it is one of the topics of great importance in geomorphic studies in various parts of Iraq in general and in (Duhok Valley Basin) in particular، because it works to strip large areas of land of its ability to agricultural production and human use، the basin of the research area is located within the province of Duhok، between the latitude of 0'40'36 ° - 0'0'37 ° N ، The longitude of 0'50'42 ° - 0'5'43 ° and with an area of 411 km2، the occurrence of this type of erosion is due to the availability of several factors، including :( Rock formations، steep intensity، rainfall، soil)، and the Bergsma equation was worked out in calculating the intensity of erosion and extracting the pronunciation of erosion، and the adoption of the space visualization of the satellite Landsat-7 for the year 2009 and using the program Arc Map GIS 10.7 in order to treat it، and has shown the existence of three erosion pronouncers according to their intensity، and that the system of severe erosion is prevalent in the research basin with an area of 187 km2 and 45.5% of the total area of the basin.
- AL-Jiburi, H.K, (2008) Hydrological and Hydrochemical study of Kani- Rash , NJ_38_10 , scale 1: 250000 , Baghdad , Iraq.
- Al-Samarrai (2014), Sahab Khalifah, The Impact of Morphoclimatic and Morphotectonic Processes on the Weathering and Erosion Processes on Soil Erosion in the Kalala Basin, Sirr Man Ra’a Journal, Samarra University, Volume 10, Number 39.
- Hassan et al. (2015), Ahmed Abbas, The use of remote sensing and geographic information systems in a geomorphological study of the Bekhir fold in northern Iraq, Babylon University Journal, Volume 23, Number 1.
- Al-Sanjari, Abd al-Sattar Abd al-Qadir, and Ammar Ramadan al-Khattabi (2011), Facies analysis and sedimentary model of the stratigraphic sequences between the Jarkas and Bilaspi formations within the Bekhir fold in the Dohuk region, northern Iraq, Tikrit Journal of Pure Sciences, Vol. 16, No. 3.
- Al-Janabi (2016), Basma Ali Abdul-Hussein, Geomorphological Assessment of the Slopes of the Kara Series, PhD thesis (unpublished), College of Education, University of Baghdad.
- Al Raeis and others (2021), Hassanein Abd al-Razzaq Saleh, Water Harvesting Development in the Dohuk Valley Basin, Iraq, Hydrogeomorphological Study, Issue 44, Scientific Journal of the Faculty of Arts.
- Khasbak (1973), Shakir, Northern Iraq (a study of its natural and human aspects), without edition, Shafiq Press.
- Al-Buhairi (2001) Salah El-Din, Shapes of the Earth, Dar Al-Fikr Al-Moasr, first edition, Beirut.
- Al-Khafaji (2018), Sarhan Naim, Geomorphology (forms of the earth's surface), first edition, Al-Manhajiya House for Publishing and Distribution, Oman.