Document Type : Research Paper
The aim of the current research is to identify the nature of distance education, its types and characteristics, and the research followed the descriptive analytical approach because it is consistent with the objectives of the research, where the obstacles facing the method of distance education in Iraq were identified in light of the spread of the Corona epidemic since the beginning of its outbreak, where the Ministry of Education adopted The Iraqi government is a set of measures to compensate for educational losses during the quarantine period for students, especially in the first three grades of basic education. Computers and the Internet, in addition to the presence of a number of members of the same family in the school and the occurrence of synchronization in the time of educational lessons via the Internet, and distance education leads to a limitation of the freedom of family members during the period of providing lessons directly via the Internet. The current study concluded with a number of proposals that could overcome these obstacles
- Ahmed, Fatima (2021). Distance education in secondary schools in light of the Corona pandemic in Sharkia Governorate: a field study. College education quality. Zagazig University. Egypt. Journal of the Faculty of Education in Educational Sciences, Volume 45, Issue 1.
- Islam, Hossam (2020). Challenges facing distance education in light of Corona, Algeria
- Al-Agha, Ihsan (1997). Educational research, its tools, methodology, and elements, Al-Rantisi Press
- Al-Bashiti, Fatima (2021). The effectiveness of distance education in light of the spread of the Corona pandemic and the obstacles it faces from the point of view of faculty members and students of the Arab Open University in Jordan. College of Education. Arabic Open University. Kuwait.
- Tohum, Jamil. (2020). Educational obstacles facing students of geography departments in the faculties of education for the human sciences in understanding the topics of the computer curriculum and its educational applications from the point of view of its teachers and students. The Arab Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences, Volume (15).
- Zayed, Hani (2020). Distance education in the face of the emerging corona virus, UNESCO warns of a threat to 500 million students around the world due to the suspension of studies. Virtual education programs provide a lifeline.
- Al-Salman, Sabreen (2021). Attitudes of basic and secondary education students in Jordan towards distance learning and its challenges in light of the Corona (COVID-19) pandemic. Queen Rania Academy for Teacher Training. Oman. Jordan. International Journal of Educational and Psychological Studies, Volume 9, Issue 1.
- Al-Shahoumi, Yasser- and Ghazali, Muhammad.. (2021). Distance education in light of the Corona pandemic: a comparative study between the Sultanate of Oman and the Kingdom of Morocco. Faculty of Education Sciences, Mohammed V University. International Journal of Educational and Psychological Studies. Vol10. Issue 2. Jordan.
- Abdullah, Sahar Awwad (2020). The effectiveness of e-learning in light of the spread of the Corona virus from the point of view of teachers at the University of Palestine. Percentage (Khadoori). Arab Journal of Scientific Publishing. Palestine.
- Al-Ghamdi, Ayed (2022). Obstacles to distance learning mathematics in light of the Corona pandemic (COVID- 19) from the point of view of the students of the Joint Year Deanship at King Saud University. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Umm Al-Qura University Journal for Educational and Psychological Sciences, Volume 14, Issue 1.
- Kazem, Samir (2021). The reality of distance education in Iraqi universities in light of the Corona pandemic from the point of view of students and faculty members. Master Thesis. Faculty of Educational Sciences. Middle East University. Jordan.
- Mansour, Ali, Al-Ahmad, Amal, and Al-Shamas, Issa (2009): Research Methods in Education and Psychology, Damascus University Publications, Open Education Center, Damascus.
- Al-Mousa, Abdullah (2012). E-learning concept, characteristics, benefits and obstacles. A working paper submitted to the School of the Future symposium. King Saud University. Riyadh.
- J(1993): How to design an evaluate research in education- New York